● 1993 - Choreographed the theatrical production "ANTIGONE" staged at Enmore Theatre in May.
All proceeds went to UNSW Modern Greek Studies Foundation
● 1994 - Established and directed the Combined Universities Greek Association Dance Group "ELIKONAS".
Mythology states, Elikonas is the mountain in Greece where the muses created music for the Greek Gods.
All donations and proceeds collected from shows/performances, were passed to the Modern Greek Foundation to raise funds for the establishment of Modern Greek Studies at UNSW and Macquarie University.
● 1996 - Wrote, produced and choreographed ROMIOSINI (closest translation is the word "Greekness"). A large-scale production of 80 cast and crew was held at Enmore Theatre. Profits of over $10,000 were donated to Modern Greek Studies Foundation.
Sophia's talent is sought by the community. Calls, enquiries and organizations are asking to work with Sophia.
This gives reason to the official opening of the "SOPHIA VENTOURIS SCHOOL OF GREEK DANCE"
● 1998 - Choreographed and co-coordinated the concert "NEW GENERATIONS- NEW HORIZONS" staged at MARRICKVILLE TOWN HALL" in April 1998.
● 1999 - Dance co-ordinator for the "Hellenic Culture in the Antipodes at the Dawn of the 21st Century" conference - held at Mercure Lawson Hotel between 12- 14th November, 1999.
● In 2000 - Established and launched the Greek Dance Company professional floor show at the Daintree in Darling Harbour . The Greek Dance Company had a successful run for 6 years of floor shows with highlights such as the Telstra Olympic event hosted by Great Big Events, Opening show at one of the Olympic Games 2000 Sydney Swimming competitions, collaborations with the Brazilian Capoeira Show, Firefly fire dancers, many wedding and corporate functions.
● 2002/3 THE SOPHIA VENTOURIS SCHOOL OF GREEK DANCE reaches a strong hold of 280 students and continues to create yearly themed concerts and reward students with trophies at end of each year.
● 2006 Celebrated 10 yrs dance school anniversary with a major production at Enmore Theatre
● 2008 Co- wrote script for WOG GIRLS with Vivienne Gemenis
● 2010 Began writing series of Bi-lingual Greek-English Dance cultural books with instructions, history and origin of dance traditions.
These were specifically for teachers to use as resources for children of diaspora. 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation taking into consideration children with limited Greek language.
● 2012 The first trial of Greek Steps Playgroup and Kinder Greek Dance program
● 2014 Greek Steps playgroup launches officially 5 days a week 10am & 11am classes each day in a different postcodes. Teaching toddlers Greek language and culture through music and play.
● 2016 SCHOOL OF GREEK DANCE opens its hundreds of Greek traditional costumes and props to the public for hire. Sales & made to order Greek traditional costumes soon followed.
● 2018 -highlight was being invited to be in 4 segments of the "WIGGLES" new series with international songs. The kids were filmed at HOT POTATOE STUDIOS .
● 2019 the school has been running 2 times a week. Our main venue and home of almost 20 years is our FRIDAY CLASSES at SYDNEY TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL, Forest Rd Bexley. 2019 due to covid has been interrupted but we reopened in term 3 & 4 and plan for a bigger 2021.