Principal Sophia Ventouris
● Choreographed the theatrical production "ANTIGONE" staged at Enmore Theatre in May 1993. All proceeds went to UNSW Modern Greek Studies Foundation
● Established and directed the Combined Universities Greek Association Dance Group NAMED ELIKONAS in 1994. Elikonas is the mountain In Greece where all the muses created music for the Greek Gods. All donations and proceeds were passed to the Modern Greek Foundation to raise funds for the establishement of Modern Greek Studies at UNSW and Macquarie University.
● 1996 - Wrote, produced and chreographed ROMIOSINI (no exact translation but closest is the word "Greekness"). A large-scale production of 80 cast and crew held at Enmore Theatre. Profits of over $10,000 were donated to Modern Greeki Studies Foundation.
● 1998 - Choreographed and co-coordinated the concert "NEW GENERATIONS- NEW HORIZONS" staged at MARRICKVILLE TOWN HALL" in April 1998.
● Dance co-ordinator for the Hellenic Culture in the Antipodes at the Dawn of the 21st Century" conference - held at Mercure Lawson Hotel between 12- 14th Novvember, 1999.
● Yearly dance concerts/ functions and shows for the Greek Dance School I held for over 10 years.
● In 2000 established and launched the Greek Dance Company professional floor at the Daintree in Darling Harbour . The Greek Dance Company had a successful run for 6 years of floor shows with highlights such as the Telstra Olympic event hosted by Great Big Events, Opening show at one of the Olympic Swimming competitions, collaborations with the Brazilian capoeira show and other Firefly fire dancers. Many wedding and corporate functions.
● THE SOPHIA VENTOURIS SCHOOL OF GREEK DANCE simultaneously was running full time with a strong hold of 280 students.
● 2006 celebrated 10 yrs anniversary of the dance school with a major production at Enmore Theatre 4
● 2008 Co- wrote script for WOG GIRLS with Vivienne Gemenis
● 2010 Began writing series of Greek Dance cultural books with instructions, history and meaning of each dance traditions specifically for teachers to use as resources for children of diaspora. Ie, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc generation Greeks and mixed marriage Greek children.
● 2012 The first trial of Greek Steps Playgroup and KinderGreekDance
● 2014 Greek Steps playgroup launches officially 5 days a week 10am & 11am classes each day in a different postcode. Check us out on facebook Greek Steps Playgroup
● 2016 SCHOOL OF GREEK DANCE opens its hundreds of Greek traditional costumes and props to the public for hire, sale & make to order. Schools, festivals, wedding parties and individuals have now access as they dont really exist anywhere else in Australia unless made by someone or imported.
● 2018 -highlight was being invited to be in 4 segments of the wiggles new series with international songs. The kids were filmed at HOT POTATOE STUDIOS and paid.
● 2019 the school has been running 2 times a week. Our main venue and home of almost 20 years is our FRIDAY CLASSES at SYDNEY TECHNICAL HIGH SCHOOL, Forest Rd Bexley. 2019 due to covid has been interrupted but we reopened in term 3 & 4 and plan for a bigger 2021.